CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
As part of a transport development project in Wales, stakeholders commissioned Assystem to define and develop all performance reporting structures, processes and systems, including PowerBI, for this metro project.
Following a strategic review, Assystem was asked to guide two clients, who are also experts in service and engineering for transport projects, in setting up an integrated project control office.
- Engaged with the clients to provide support in project controls and programming.
- Implementation of systems, including Power BI & KNIME
- Designing a robust performance reporting structure at corporate level, to ensure the programme meets clients and contract requirements.
- Work closely with the clients' management team to ensure that reporting requests are met through the tracking of requirements and key data
- Reducing deadlines through intelligent adjustment of methodologies, thereby optimising productivity.
- Benefit from our expertise in major projects and our dynamic approach to designed corporate-level performance reporting structure.
- Used KNIME for ETL automation and data warehousing solution.
- Held discovery sessions to identify trackers and other data assets used to deliver program of works.
- Implementation of Power BI across the project. Worked closely with senior management at the clients' to ensure that it was fit for purpose.
- Power BI dashboards created to bring together data from many sources including planning, commercial, H&S and finance.