CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
The project involved developing an augmented reality application for the construction of a new workshop on the site of a major organisation in the nuclear sector. Several challenges had been identified during the project’s start-up phase which risked increasing the duration of the project and reducing productivity.
Our client commissioned Assystem to deploy Holoreka, an augmented-reality control and maintenance tool. This solution, designed by Assystem, uses an augmented reality headset to superimpose a 3D model of the installation on a real environment to facilitate site-based work and reduce inspection times. It also makes it possible to anticipate conflicts early as the construction phase, using the facility's As-Built data.
Following successful application of this solution, our customer extended the use of Holoreka to its three largest contracts (piping, electricity and ventilation).
- Preparation of the 3D model
- Isolation of the elements to be inspected
- Optimising the model
- Colour-coding identification of parts
- Preparation of the HoloLens 2 headsets
Installation and configuration of the Holoreka application on HoloLens headsets.
- Holoreka training
- Three people trained to use the application
- Training in the preparation of 3D models
- Training future users in Blender modelling and animation software to independently prepare future models for integration into Holoreka.
- Développement d’un script d’optimisation automatisé pour Blender
- Assistance et maintenance
- Clash prediction by superimposing the 3D model on the actual site
- Low investment costs
- High return on investment