Context and challenges
This major industrial city was born from the ambition of Saudi Arabia to see the country develop into a pioneering and thriving model of excellence in various and important sectors. This project deals with a leading global hub through value chains of industry and technology.
The industrial city will cover hundreds of km² of land.
In this context, this client, the company set up for the construction of this industrial city, has appointed Assystem to perform area assessment, site screening and Site Characterization services for the construction of a PhotoVoltaic (PV) Power Plant.
- PV Plant Inception Report
- PV Plant Background & Statement of Needs
- Surface geophysical surveys:
- MAM (Microtremor Array Measurement)
- MASW (Multichannel Analysis of Surface Waves) (short array)
- MASW (Multichannel Analysis of Surface Waves) (long array)
- Seismic refraction
- Onshore drilling in 3 boreholes
- More than thirty SPT (Standard Penetration Test) at 3 onshore boreholes
- Topographical Studies
- Optic base drone survey and Orthophoto generation (resolution, 5 cm)
- Digital Terrain Models (DTM) production
- Contour data (0.5 m)
- Establishment of benchmark point
- PV Plant Site Area Report
- PV Plant Preliminary & Final Interpretative Report
- Construction of the plant on schedule thanks to the rapid delivery of the components.
- Construction of a database for the design of the PV Plant thanks to the acquisition of the following data and recommendations:
- Site Characterization data
- Foundation recommendations
- Earth works recommendations