The client, a Saudi Arabian company operating in the renewable energy sector, needed to build a new concentrated solar power plant in the United Arab Emirates.
The plant has a total installed net rated power output of 100 MW. The first phase of the project, uses parabolic trough technology and will have a capacity of 100 megawatts (MW), which makes it one of the largest parabolic trough power stations in the world.
In this context, Assystem was asked to support the Project Management of the site activities for this concentrated solar power plant construction.
Assystem was engaged in several aspects of the site activities, providing Project Management Consultancy support with a team of more than 40 people (Consultants, Mechanical Engineers, Electrical Engineers, Welders etc..). The areas of the team’s responsibilities included:
- HSE Management
- Construction Management Support
- Commissioning Management Support
- Claims Request Support
- Technical verifications (mechanical, electrical, welding)
- Greater flexibility in staffing for the project team
- Improvements in project management efficiency