Context and challenges
A major petrochemical complex, owned by a chemical company, has appointed a water and power utility company, to supply the industrial complex with industrial water of various quality, mainly for process cooling. For this purpose, an ultrafiltration and Reverse Osmosis (RO) desalination plant has been constructed.
This water and power utility company needed support for the design, supply, construction and commissioning of the plant, and the operation and maintenance.
Assystem has been appointed to prepare the detailed design for the civil package of this plant.
- Detailed design for the civil package which includes architectural, civil, structural including blast analysis, electrical, HVAC (Heating, Ventilation and Air-Conditioning), plumbing, fire protection & telecom
- Design prepared in compliance with the feed documents provided during the bidding stage and all applicable engineering codes and standards
- Coordination of drawings for underground process pipes, chemical pipes and other utilities
- Average treatment capacity : from 100,000 to 200,000 m3 (peak treatment capacity of nearly 180,000 cubicmetre)
- Water storage capacity between 100,000 to 200,000 m3
- Several world-scale manufacturing units
- Production variation between 10% and 100% to meet the water demand