CONTEXT AND CHALLENGES
It's a seven-year project to rewire South London via deep underground tunnels. This vital work will help keep londoners connected to safe and reliable electricity supplies.
In total, 32.5km of 3m diameter tunnels are being constructed deep below the road network between Wimbledon and Crayford, which will carry high voltage electricity cables.
The client, a UK transmission system operator, commissioned Assystem to deploy a digital project control solution.
- Critically review process and procedures
- Understand the PMO structure and challenges associated with consistent reporting data
- Recommend a focussed solution to manage cost, change and schedule
- Implement Power BI dashboards to manage project processes and help identify discrepancies of information across various teams and processes
- Embed the dashboards as part of the project processes (including month end) with periodic refreshes to ensure up to date data is accessible by all project stakeholders
- Provide data driven project insights to help forecast and improve project decision making
- Determination of the maturity of delivery capability across the portfolio of works ;
- Gaps identification and issues integration impacting the consistency of management reporting information ;
- Redaction of key recommendations and actions to adopt project controls best practice across the PMO ;
- Improvement of stakeholder confidence in project and reporting data and promotion of behavioral and process changes.