Context and challenges
This client is a major player in the nuclear sector. One of the group's entities specialises in defence and in particular in nuclear weapons, naval nuclear propulsion reactors and nuclear non-proliferation.
The client has invested in several complex programmes to complete the missions it is tasked with as part of the nuclear deterrent, in order to expand its capacities for research and development or maintenance in operational condition of current and future vectors.
The client entrusted Assystem with the long-term implementation of a systems engineering approach and overall monitoring of the process, to support its projects and guarantee achievement of the intended results.
Over the past few years, Assystem has introduced project teams organisation working closely with client teams to implement systems engineering approach processes, guarantee their application and oversee them throughout the life cycle of the client project (from the design phase to qualification for handover to the user).
- Methodological support for the implementation of a systems engineering approach and its links with the project management processes in place (project management plan, scheduling, communication plan etc.).
- Oversight of processes implemented: training in monitoring interfaces, requirements, changes and non-conformities or in configuration (drafting requirements specifications, organisation of requirement reviews, interface reviews, monitoring changes, monitoring project configuration in all its phases).
- Support for the development of a systems engineering tool built in Microsoft Access, to link the processes together (product breakdown, requirements, interfaces, changes, configuration).
- Introduction of BIM tools to manage interfaces, traceability of requirements compliance in the design phase and configuration management.
- The client teams were rapidly operational through the introduction of systems engineering procedures and the reviews proposed (organisation of requirement reviews, interface reviews, monitoring of changes etc.).
- Improved communication between project stakeholders and more efficient requirements management through the detailed production of technical documents (technical specifications, interface booklets, product breakdown, change reports or non-conformity reports, etc.).
- Correlation of processes and justifying documents archived in the project electronic document management system through the implementation of an Access database with the role of PLM (Product Lifecycle Management) for the project, to monitor the lifecycle of documents produced.