Context and challenges
This client is an international institute for economic studies with its global headquarters in Paris. It operated a conference centre with modern facilities which could host over 120,000 attendees every year. As part of the creation of this new conference centre and to welcome new member countries, the client initiated a project to fully replace its security system in all buildings, headquarters and annexes.
Assystem was appointed to deliver a turnkey solution comprising an integrated system that could consolidate all the different technologies used in video surveillance, access control, anti-intrusion and Building Management Systems needed to cover all its security requirements.
Assystem carried out design work, engineering, integration and commissioning with occasional recourse to outsourcing for wiring and connection works:
- Definition of the system architecture.
- Implementation of a global solution: video surveillance (500 IP cameras with Omnicast by GENETEC), access control with 200 badge readers, anti-intrusion and video intercom.
- Use of SHERAN supervisor solution developed by Assystem.
- Definition of a custom HMI to meet the specific needs of the client in terms of access control and alarms management.
- Specifications, development and construction of systems and software.
- Project management and subcontractor management.
- Tests, validation, deployment and maintenance.
The successful completion of the mission led to:
- The renewal of the contract to extend the system to new buildings and ramp up security around the perimeter of the headquarters.
- The signature of a maintenance agreement for the systems part with delegated management of all security equipment.