Context and challenges
This client is a leading group in the food industry. It has 27 plants all around France, specialised in the production of different categories of products.
The group wanted to modernise a 27,000 m² bottle production site located in the Gard region of France as part of a major investment project.
The client had the following goals for this plant:
- Increase the capacity and flexibility of the production & storage facilities by adding a new bottling line (60,000 bottles/hour) and building a new automated warehouse for storage
- Upgrade a portion of the facilities to ensure regulatory compliance
- Facilitate coordination of the facility, and reorganise logistics flows
This client called on Assystem as Project Management Consultant for the construction of infrastructures inside the plant.
- Specifications of the functional program for civil works scope and deliver civil engineering expertise across the whole project, while taking into account the new warehouses, finished products and raw materials
- Coordinate the construction project and manage demolitions and removals
- Produce all deliverables to meet all the defined programme goals in order to manage and coordinate activities of external contractors
- Manage contractual interfaces
- Ensure precise financial control to guarantee respect of budget and deadline requirements
Production increased from 1.5 to 2 billion bottles in four years, at the only site in the world producing these bottles.