Context and challenges
This client is a major player in the nuclear sector in the UK. In order to improve its performance and efficiency in an increasingly competitive international environment, the client decided to transform its engineering methods, integrating System engineering best practices which have proved success in other industries.
This transformation involves first a conception and construction project, oh which it aims to secure commissioning milestones.
The client called on Assystem to deploy System Engineering for this project, which consists of:
- Implementing optimized processes
- Introducing best practices (gate reviews, requirements approaches)
- Clarifying roles of different players
- Understanding needs for tools and data models
- Help to manage the deployment
- Support to define new tailor-made processes, based both on deep knowledge of client business needs, international standards and extensive experience with System Engineering practices for major industrial projects
- Provide assistance for tools and data structuring to implement to support processes, anticipating the coming deployment of a PLM (Product Lifecycle Management)
- Preparation of environment studies to identify key requirements for the different systems and associated interfaces
- Provide assistance for change management
- Production of procedures and sub-process, providing the basis for PLM deployment, covering the following areas: configuration management, interface management, unresolved points and requirements management, organisation of gate reviews (V model management) feedback management, data management.
- Organisation of specific campaigns, trainings and support sessions as part of change management all along the project
- Assistance provided to implement a tool for tracking modifications in order to improve communication and optimise project logs
10people in the project team