Training future operators in the nuclear industry is a critical safety matter for all stakeholders, guaranteeing that work can be carried out safely and efficiently in restricted and highly regulated areas.
Since 2013, Assystem has partnered with INSTN* to support the common objective of sharing feedback and lessons learned on best-practices as well as developing market-leading digital tools for radioprotection training and knowledge. Our simulation toolkits allow trainees to face real-time radiation exposure risks and challenges in a safe, near-reality digital tool.
After promising results from our first tools tested, we’ve released a new, upgraded and refined toolkit: O.S.I.R.I.S. 3.0.
O.S.I.R.I.S 3.0 is an application designed as a ‘serious game’; an application designed to train radioprotection advisors within nuclear sites and medical environments using a playful and education-oriented approach.
An open, virtual environment allows users to move around virtual workspaces and safely experience nuclear-related risks and challenges.
Our latest version of O.S.I.R.I.S provides the following functions:
- Allows trainers to create tailor-made scenarios,
- Trainees can work autonomously through all the possible scenarios and use cases during training courses.
INSTN* : National Institute for Nuclear Science and Technology
SOLUTION MAIN FEATURES
- For a simulation as close as possible to reality, O.S.I.R.I.S. uses an engine dedicated to the calculation of dose equivalent rates which allows real-time reading.
- There are two modes of usage: a screen-based mode or virtual reality (VR) mode to provide a truly immersive experience.
- The courses taken by the trainees are recorded within the app’s database, making it possible to track trainee progress, coordinate follow-ups and carry out skills assessments.
CREATE tailor-made educational scenarios in three nuclear environment types (EDF, ORANO, Medical).
TRAIN learners in the professional habits to be carried out in the field of radioprotection.
TRACK trainee progress through training courses
EVALUATE trainees’ achievements with accurate skills assessments.
Time efficient training length
Improved management and follow-up of the trainees during their training course
Better responsiveness in real situations
Validation of achievements