CONTEXT & Issues
Managing complex industrial infrastructures from construction to dismantling, including maintenance and operation, requires precise planning of works and activities, while coordinating the intervention of numerous actors and stakeholders in the project, with the use of resources that are often constrained (materials, time, budget, etc).
These complex projects can involve hundreds or even thousands of activities and interfaces to be managed, generating uncertainties in terms of schedules, cost and quality of execution.
The major challenge is therefore to achieve the best possible schedule and to control it while remaining agile regarding the uncertainties of any complex project.
Depending on the issues and the complexity of the client’s activities, Assystem's solution is available in two forms:
Optimizio*, a scheduling optimisation solution based on the latest AI technology. This solution is adapted to schedules:
- With a high level of complexity (up to 20,000 planning tasks, and 12 to 14 constraints)
- With a high level of recurrence (more than 10 schedules to make per year)
An offer to support the deployment of simulation and optimisation tools for existing schedules. This offer is aimed at complex schedules:
- With several thousand to ten thousand tasks
- With numerous constraints (co-activity issues, availability of limited or critical resources, availability of equipment, time constraints or template durations)
- With medium to high recurrence (several times a year, more than 10 schedules a year)
Our tools are flexible and can be easily integrated into existing IS environments.
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE SOLUTION
- Simulation of schedules from various input data structures (excel files, databases, XML files) and use of the best optimisation methods (metaheuristics, Artificial Intelligence). These solutions are developed in the Python programming language.
- Integration of various modular methods (metaheuristics, Monte Carlo, Genetic Algorithm) integrating Artificial Intelligence to take into account all the possible constraints of a project and their consequences and which adapts to potential unexpected events by rescheduling the tasks.
- Flexible customisation of the tool in terms of settings for each type of project, as well as client-specific rules and constraints.
OPTIMISE the total duration of projects and thus reduce project deadlines
ADAPT to a wide variety of constraints
ENABLE dynamic planning that adapts to uncertainties once the project has started
PROVIDE relevant decision support tools
MANAGE complex project schedules with a large number of actors and activities
Reduction of inconsistencies or conflicts between tasks
Flexibility and simplicity of analysis when input data changes
Improved data visibility with the integration of KPIs (graphs showing milestone deadlines, scalable Gantt schedule, etc.)
Decision support for schedule and contingency management