Context and challenges
The EPR incorporates all the recent progress that has been made in terms of safety, environmental protection and technical and economic performance, to deliver safe, competitive and low-carbon electricity. In the framework of the commissioning of an EPR, this client, leader in the nuclear industry, wished to develop a set of IT tools to digitalise the commissioning and test phase.
Since the EPR represents approximately 100,000 electrical signals to be tested for I/O (Input/Output) Validation, it is necessary to ensure that all test data is prepared, saved, and monitored.
In this context, Assystem proposed to this client to digitalize the commissioning and test phase of the I&C (Instrumentation and Control) systems of the EPR.
Development of a dedicated IT tool capable of structuring the various test campaigns:
- Structuration of the various test campaigns
- Management of all test data: tests performed, remaining tests, deviation sheets
- Utilization of tablets on site, and change management to make it a habit to use it
- Recording of all information instantly and sharing within teams
- View and communicate the progress of the tests every week with a IOV (Input/Output Validation) progress indicator sheet:
- OK if the test is perfect and conclusive
- POK if the test is OK but has reservations which require investigations (necessitating modification to ensure compliance and running further tests)
- NOK if it has failed and requires investigations
- Times savings and efficiencies, the tool enabling to present test data in the right format and at the right time, but also all the necessary documentation in case of need for investigation
- Improvement to access the data anytime and anywhere on site thanks to the deployment of the app on tablets
- Improvement of testing performance, the tool enabling to perform more tests and to follow the progress weekly
- Improvement of tests’ safety, thanks to the implementation of processes and procedures to avoid data losses and perform all tests required
- Efficiencies within client teams, thanks to digitalization of activities (use of tablets instead of paper folders), and reorganization of activities enabling to reduce testers movements (geographical regrouping)
- Anticipation and optimisation of activities thanks to post-testing datamining, enabling to define: which ECS generally end NOK, timing to test a full system, how many test are necessary to perform at each configuration change