Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Software verification and validation Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
As a Software V&V Engineer You will work within our safety critical software V&V team. The team uses agile SCRUM methods to develop high integrity software applications adopting the latest state-of-the-art toolsets.
Training will be provided where required to equip you with the skills necessary to develop test designs, and test cases to verify controls software applications essential for the protection and monitoring of nuclear propulsion plant.
Key Responsibilities for Software Verification and Validation Engineer
You will follow a DevOps-based firmware V&V lifecycle to verify programmable hardware solutions by:
- Developing test designs,
- Creating test cases,
- Verifying code at unit, integration and system level using VectorCast,
- Performing worst-case execution time and stack-overflow testing using RAPITA toolsets,
- Verifying high integrity graphical user interfaces using the artificial intelligence-based test tool, EggPlant,
- Developing Python scripts for process automation,
- Operating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) toolsets,
- Managing change control and configuration management using GIT,
- Tracing tests to requirements using Dassault Systemes Reqtify,
- You will be engaged in problem solving,
- You will be required to demonstrate process adherence and solution correctness,
- You will be expected to engage in continued improvement of our software development process, for cost and timescale reduction and quality improvement,
- You will support process and technical audits,
- You will liaise with the Firmware, Systems and Electronics teams,
- You will manage suppliers, including scoping packages of work and reviewing their deliveries.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience for Software Verification and Validation Engineer:
- Qualified to degree or HND level In Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or related discipline
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to become familiar with new techniques and tools,
- Experienced and talented embedded software engineer,
- Experienced in verification of embedded software,
- Experience in software/software verification
- Experienced in hardware/software integration,
- Experienced in real-time systems,
- Experienced in real-time operating systems,
- Awareness of safety-critical development constraints (e.g. DO-178B/C, IEC60880, IEC61508).
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings