Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Senior Structural Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer reporting to the Area Lead Engineer and supporting the Principal Civil/Structural Engineer on a full time basis:
- Answering technical queries, requests for information and resolving non conformances
- Produce structural calculations and details that are necessary for site modifications (with approval of the permanent works team)
- Ensure the engineering design intent is met as per the drawings and specifications
- Review contractor method statements, inspection plans etc.
- Review temporary works designs
- Face to face interfacing with construction to understand requirements, issues and work priorities, assessing any impacts against the design and scope of work required
- Regular interfacing of construction issues with the permanent works design team
- Majority of time is expected to be based on site.
- Awareness of CDM Regulations and duties as a Designer.
- Nuclear experience
Ideally you will be/have:
- Degree or HNC qualified, Chartered Engineer (MIStructE or MICE) with 5+ years post-Chartership experience.
- A pro-active, self-starter with good communication, analytical and team working skills.
- Understanding of CDM Regulations.
A full job specification is available.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact Matt – email@example.com
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer