Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation and provides technical engineering support across the world, supporting complex Nuclear New Build, Decommissioning and Defence programmes.
Our Nuclear New Build team is continuing to grow in support of a cleaner energy future for the UK. Due to expansion in our engineering teams in and around Bristol, we are looking to recruit a Senior HVAC Engineer to support with various requirements across the HPC Project.
- Supporting the construction of the two EPR on HPC by answering to requests coming from building and erection contractors on HVAC discipline;
- When answering to those site requests:
- Gathering all needed inputs for the answer;
- Assessing and listing the impacts of the site change on the HVAC, layout design and other contractors;
- Producing technical assessment and solution, with supporting justification;
- Aeraulic calculation,
- Anchor plates calculation,
- System analysis,
- Update deliverables produced by the RD Back-Office if needed
- Liaising with design RD Back-Offices when needed;
- Liaising with execution designer HK2721 when needed;
- CTS(Contract Transfer Sheet) if needed,
- Do the surveillance on execution designer deliverable related to site request.
- Opening the dedicated change process to launch the implementation of the impacts;
- Reporting to the HVAC Discipline Lead and HVAC NI Lead achievements, progresses and difficulties and raising alerts on any aspects of the design when identified;
- Contributing to the closure of design open points after the delivery of HVAC design packages to site;
- Anticipates and raises alerts on open technical points;
- Collect and organize the lessons learnt;
- Being part of JDO-DT HVAC team, participating to Team meetings, sharing technical topics.
Activities will be done on HPC site, in JDO offices. Working on HPC project, being part of a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment, sticking to a project way of working with high expectation on delivery time, schedule, safety and nuclear safety.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Experience of working in an equivalent or related role, within HVAC, ideally in a fast paced, schedule driven environment
- Meticulous and rigorous approach to engineering, with great attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously but with awareness of own limitations
- Knowledge of contractual and commercial mechanisms
- A strong influencer with strong leadership values
- A good team player
- Experience within a nuclear field would be beneficial
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer