Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job title: Senior Mechanical Engineer
Location: Scotland/Nationwide (Remote work available)
Hours: 40 hours
Contract type: Permanent or Contract (Inside IR35)
Assystem are recruiting for a Senior Mechanical Engineer to join our expanding team on a permanent or temporary basis working on projects within the Marine/Nuclear sector.
The Senior Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for development of the functional design of the systems, coordination of data from various suppliers relating to their systems, validation of conformity to requirements defined by specifications, class and contract. They are also responsible for maintenance of design intent through the detail design and assembly stages, addressing issues with integration and supporting 3D designers, fabrication and commissioning teams.
The role requires a degree in Engineering (BEng or above), experience of design of piping systems, ideally in marine environment, but other industries, such as: power, O&G, nuclear or process would be suitable too. Good understanding of piping design practices: sizing, routing, component selection. Ability to work collaboratively with many stakeholders.
The duties of the role will involve:
- Development of system design, P&IDs, specifications, manuals, design substantiation
- Liaising with suppliers for the equipment
- Liaising with other disciplines: electrical, transversals, structural, outfit, etc·
- Overview of the 3D model development, troubleshooting, managing changes
- Developing of testing requirements and high level plans
- Addressing Technical and Production queries
- Presenting at design reviews. Achieving acceptance by class and Technical Authority.
- Be aware of and ensure that; safety, health and environmental requirements are implemented.
- Assist with the maintenance and improvement in quality standards of outputs.
Qualifications and Skills required:
- BEng or an equivalent qualification in an Engineering / Naval Architecture
- Experience of working in the design environment
- Good knowledge of piping design practices
- Good knowledge of marine industry is required, familiarity with Royal Navy and Lloyds Register rules and standards are advantageous
- Experience in Design for Manufacture within a marine build and/or conversion marketplace (or similar).
- Experience with ship exhaust and Scrubber systems is advantageous
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
BPSS security clearance is required.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings