Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure Ltd (AEIL) are looking to recruit a Senior Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I) Engineer to support and manage the growth in its EC&I business.
As a Senior Engineer you will be directly involved in our most exciting projects, where you will provide technical leadership and support to the EC&I technical discipline across a wide range of our client portfolio projects.
Assystem operates in Nuclear Decommissioning, Defence, New Build, and Infrastructure.
- Technically responsible, with limited supervision, for EC&I engineering output of small EC&I teams delivering technical solutions which satisfy the clients requirements.
- Shall be aware of Health and Safety requirements associated with engineering solutions and projects.
- Aware of existing technologies within the EC&I discipline.
- Prepare and present technical presentations to technical peers and at design reviews.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of relevant standards, regulations, codes and directives that apply to their work.
- Capable of independent and autonomous work in the delivery of engineering activities.
- Shall be aware of mitigation of Environmental impact throughout the Design process.
- Shall work autonomously on a wide range of engineering subjects requiring guidance in specialist areas from others.
- Manage the allocation of work and provide supervision to EC&I teams in the execution of work packages.
- Have a basic understanding of delegation, motivation, effective communication at all levels, objective setting, dealing with other people and teamwork.
- Support and advise staff and client with specialist technical issues during customer Design development and reviews.
- Provide mentoring and guidance to Junior team members.
- Successful and consistent planning and delivery of work packages within defined scopes.
- Prepare and review technical design proposals/estimates as part of the Tendering Process.
- Have a good commercial awareness, particularly of fiscal issues with specific attention to manpower costs.
- Review hours used by more junior members of team members.
- Identify scope changes and implement change control.
- Shall be able to implement the Company’s security procedures with minimal supervision.
- Review Technical output from other team members and provide constructive feedback.
- Should be able to effectively network within their technical peer group.
- Shall perform technical reviews of engineering output carried out by others.
- Guide and support junior Team members in the application of QMS.
- Implement QMS procedures, controls and standards and assist developing future requirements.
- Demonstrate a proven and consistent ability to identify, assess and mitigate design risks throughout the design/product life cycle.
- Awareness of implications of Engineering Design Risks to installation, commissioning.
- A demonstrable track record of delivery and expertise in the design of Electrical, Control and Instrumentation with general experience across the whole EC&I discipline.
With specialist experience in at least two EC&I areas:
- Radiometrics and Special instruments
- Control Systems
- Electrical Supply Infrastructure
- EC&I Functional Safety systems
- Process Instruments
- Remote Handling and Lifting Equipment
- EC&I Project Management
- Security in Design
- Experience with plant and documentation configuration management.
- Experience with implementing BS7671 and the Low Voltage Directive.
- Significant experience working on projects in all major phases of the life cycle.
- Demonstrate a minimum of three years previous experience in the role of
- Senior Engineer or a similar Staff appointment. Experience of a range of highly regulated Industries such as Nuclear, Defence or Oil & Gas.
- Lead EC&I team to deliver technical solutions of a medium complexity.
- Experience with nuclear safety cases, and the classification of Structures, Systems and Components.
- Experience in Functional Safety Standards
- Experience working within BIM enabled projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of front-end safety system design and specification including the appropriate legislation, standards and directives, and the management of appropriate activities such as FMECA, HAZOP, HAZID.
- Knowledge of electrical systems design, including calculations and EMC assessment.
- Experience of software/hardware/embedded programming for machinery and process plant control.
- Knowledge of instrumentation design techniques.
- Experience with obsolescence management.
- A degree in a relevant engineering discipline (generally Electrical, Instrumentation or Control Engineering) or HNC / HND with substantial re
- Should be a member of a relevant professional institution (typically IET) & should demonstrate ability to achieve Eng. Tech status or above
- Chartered Engineer
- Professional Registration and Institute Membership required
Able to Achieve SC clearance.
Able to spend short periods of time on customer and supplier sites at various locations.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings