Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Senior EC&I Engineer
Staff / Contractor
The nuclear industry is expected to need possibly 100,000 new employees over the next decade. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging its support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects.
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation and provides technical engineering support across the world, supporting complex Nuclear New Build, Decommissioning and Defence programmes.
We are currently looking for a Senior EC&I Engineer to join our expanding team in our Warrington offices.
The role is to provide technical support to the delivery of the Analytical Services Portfolio, inclusive of multi-discipline design activities to support the Analytical & Active Area Services. You will be involved in the following:
- Lead the production of several design packages at once across the portfolio, managing efficient delivery and performance to the expected costs and schedules with minimal supervision from the Responsible Engineer.
- Produce or check the required design drawings and documentation for the appropriate base deliverables at all applicable stages.
- When varying task complexity and costs necessitate, be capable of leading a small team of designers through delivery of a package or at other times be capable and willing to originate a package individually.
- Capable of performing plant configuration walk downs in order to confirm and accurately record task baseline details, propose outline schemes and build estimates.
- Capable of determining Engineering Requirements and provide underpinning for their Validation and Verification.
- Seeking, deploying and disseminating LFE as appropriate for the design tasks.
- Professionally representing the design team within the supply chain including attendance at build customer acceptance tests as delegate by the Responsible Engineer.
- Continuously producing a high standard of quality documentation, drawings and project deliverables.
- Providing a confident, clear and professional presentation of the tasks CE&I design deliverables to all project stakeholders attending single and / or multi-discipline design reviews.
- Capable of producing and being accountable for their own effective time management, planning activities, task estimates and progress reporting.
- Being competent and willing to guide and mentor graduates, apprentices and other less experienced CE&I design team members.
- Understanding self-limitations and the value / importance of escalation as and when necessary during the design process.
- Able to demonstrate understanding of the main laws and regulations that affect the safety, design and operation of plant and equipment including, Nuclear Installations Act & Site Licence Conditions, Health & Safety at Work Act and various regulations including Safety of Machinery, EWR CDM, LOLER, Pressure Systems, DSEAR, Ionising Radiation.
- Recent experience with Programmable Electronic Systems in Design process.
- Recent experience with CE&I Safety Systems in Design process (e.g. 61508, ES_219x, EG90).
- Check & Approve Work Course D03770 Completed within last 3 years.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer