Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
Senior / Consultant Ecologist Hybrid role – Central London
Consultant Ecologists are required to independently lead the provision of effective ecological services to our clients to meet the agreed aims and objectives in terms of time, cost and quality. You’ll be advising clients on a regular basis and supporting nationally significant projects. As such, your project management experience, and your ability to communicate effectively, and to be comfortable with calling on your broader team if you should need support, is key.
The Consultant would be expected to act as a mentor to the junior ecologists and provide on-site training and support. Consultants are likely to work independently on projects or as part of multi-disciplinary team, taking responsibility for managing their own tasks effectively. Support will be available as required from specialists and more senior consultants.
Tasks and responsibilities will vary depending on the client and the nature and stage of the project being worked on. It may be required that you work on multiple projects and with multiple clients simultaneously.
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject
· 4 – 6 years relevant work experience
· Ecological Project Management experience
· Minimum associate membership of a relevant professional institute (e.g. CIEEM). Full membership preferred.
· Class 2 Bat Licence (Class 1 will be accepted)
· Strong history of leading ecological surveys
· Able to undertake and write a Preliminary Ecological Appraisal
· Experience in EcIA and HRA
· Ability to adapt to our clients’ environments, working individually and as part of a team; and lead develop, manage and motivate teams in a changing environment
· Able to demonstrate strong commitment to Schofield Lothian company values: honesty, respect, integrity & trust, collaboration, and accountability
· Computer literate and a strong ability in using the Microsoft Office suite of products
· Self-motivated and able to work on own initiative
· Able to manage numerous activities / different projects simultaneously – both short and long term
· Able to create and maintain strong client relationships
· Excellent understanding of ecological legalisation for development
· BNG / BREEAM / Urban Greening Factor experience / knowledge
· Experience of working with contractors / Ecological Clerk of Works
· Experience in using a range of bat detectors and ability to analyse sonograms accurately
· Experience in planning and advising on mitigation for at least one protected species
· Experience in writing European Protected Species Mitigation licence applications
· Experience in using a range of bat detectors and sonogram analysis
· Experience in Biodiversity Net Gain and BREEAM ecological assessments
· Marketing skills / willing to contact potential clients
· Tender preparation experience
· Botanical knowledge
· GIS skills in producing ecological maps
· Experience of working on large infrastructure projects
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Engineering Work Package Lead