Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Working in one of the Project Controls Teams within the HPC Project, under the direction and leadership of the PCM Lead, to lead the development, implementation, use and maintenance of Integrated Project Controls processes within the Programme. This will include oversight of day-to-day management, staffing, and the implementation of Integrated Project Controls standards and processes.
To be responsible for the direction and co-ordination of all Integrated Project Controls activities associated with the design, manufacture, construction and commissioning of the Programme work scope within safety, quality, time and cost milestones.
To support the development of an overall integrated plan and budget for the Project and providing an effective and transparent Integrated Project Controls service.
To act as the main interface between the Programme and internal stakeholders, including Integrated Project Controls Discipline Managers, other Programmes and Project Support Functions.
- Directly manage Integrated Project Controls Staff within the Programmes
- Act as the main interface between Integrated Project Controls for the Programme and internal stakeholders, including Integrated Project Controls Discipline Managers, Project Support Functions, other Programmes, senior management and stakeholders.
- Assist in leading, coaching and supporting all Integrated Project Controls staff within the Programme
- Accountable for ensuring that earned value techniques and indices are correctly implemented in the Programme Support the forward resource planning and budgetary preparation process for the Head of Integrated Project Controls
- Act as the focal point for the definition of progress and performance of the Programme, including control of work against schedule and budget
- Provide assurance that all Project governance and Project Controls standards and procedures have been adhered to
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of all Integrated Project Controls Disciplines
- Understanding of Project Controls methodologies, techniques and processes for programme and project management in a major infrastructure environment
- Understanding of various contract types, in particular the NEC suite and FIDIC
- Technical and practical comprehension of engineering, procurement, manufacture and construction methods and techniques in a UK context
- Strong people management skills and experience of motivating teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication and influencing skills
- Demonstrated ability to understand, interpret, analyse and present complex data
- Can advise on adapting Earned Value Management (EVM) to suit the Programme or Project
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum of a degree in Engineering, Construction, Quantity Surveying or other related field.
- Substantial experience in a Project Controls environment in a Lead role within an Estimating, Cost, Risk or Scheduling team on a major construction project or highly regulated environment/project.
- Substantial proven leadership experience.
- Experience of working in a large integrated team over the full lifecycle of a project.
- Extensive experience in ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility in a regulated environment.
- Experience in the use of industry-standard software, such as CostOS, Primavera P6, EcoSys and ARM;
- Experience in planning and delivering major infrastructure development programmes.
- Substantial proven relevant experience in a Project Controls environment in a similar PCM role on a major construction project.
- Experience of developing estimates and budgets for major infrastructure programmes.
- Experience in the Nuclear sector.
- Professionally qualified with chartered or equivalent status.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Business Manager/Business Manager