Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Fluid System Engineering Service consists in and/or support all activities performed by engineers in the Fluid Systems team. Those activities comprise:
- System design and system integration into overall HPC design
- Review and update the system documentation, as well as formulating the mechanical, electrical, nuclear safety, and control logic requirements in compliance with the engineering rules, methodologies, quality processes, and tools
- Analysis and verification of input data, requirements, and lessons learnt from other stations
- Sizing of components e.g. pumps, pipework, pressure relief valves, tanks, performing thermal-hydraulic calculation and modelling with in house or commercial tools
- Support to procurement team in formulation of technical specification and supplier surveillance
- Technical/peer checking of reports and other technical documentation
- Ensuring technical content provided in compliance with the quality process and engineering guidelines
- Work on and advise on technical topics
- Solve technically challenging and multi-disciplinary issues in a timely pro-active manner
- Provide guidance and advice to overall team on technical topics Modification and configuration management
- Managing requests for modifications to system(s) checking their applicability
- Develop and present technical solutions suitable for all impacted disciplines that support design stability strategy
- Proactive and positive engagement with all stakeholders around the fluid systems to ensure the delivery of a product meeting the requirements set by all disciplines (layout, civil, hazard, nuclear safety, environment, configuration management, procurement …)
• Mechanical or Process Engineering degree or equivalent qualification
• Relevant experience in the nuclear industry
• Ability to effectively manage own workload in order to produce high quality documents and respect deadlines
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to communicate clearly and accurately, both written and orally, in English
• Proactive and confident in communicating with others, particularly those based in remote offices including France, and Germany.
• Proactive in developing positive working relations with others within the project
• Continuously looking for opportunities to improve quality of engineering studies and the subsequent documentation produced Desirable:
• Knowledge of EPR system design principles, Instrumentation and Control architecture and Safety Classification
• Experience of working on an operating plant or on an industrial site
• Ability to speak and write technical documents in French
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer