Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Corporate Risk Associates has been an Assystem owned business since 2020. We are established as one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies, renowned for 1st class delivery of quality services to the Critical National Infrastructure in the UK and overseas.
We have a long history of helping current nuclear operations and new build projects manage their safety and risk in the civil and defence nuclear sectors. This provides opportunities for varied project work for our staff.
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Safety Case Engineer with extensive experience in the nuclear industry to join our Defence business. This role will be based in Glasgow but will require frequent trips to Faslane and elsewhere across the country. as project requirements dictate.
The Defence business provides an exciting mixture of consultancy support, along with delivery of delivery of challenging EPC projects to major clients in the UK across the defence industry.
The successful candidate will support the Defence Service Lead with the management, direction and coordination of Projects and interact with and provide leadership to project discipline leads. The Principal Safety Case Engineer is also responsible for implementing Safety Case Procedures and maintaining the required standards of technical quality in the project work.
Your responsibilities will be supporting various and diverse nuclear clients providing Nuclear Safety Case support through the full life cycle requirements including:
• Managing and Preparing Safety Case Documentation and Reports
• Preparing Safety Case Strategy Reports
• Preparing Technical Reports
• Leading Hazard Identification Studies (HAZIDs, HAZOPs, SWIFTs etc)
• Managing and Preparing Qualitative and Quantitative Risk Assessments (e.g. FTAs, FMEA, ETA, QRA)
• Managing and driving the team to successful project delivery
Here’s What You’ll Need:
• Self-starter with a professional leadership approach and a technical background
• Proven experience of delivering safety cases within a defence and other nuclear or regulated businesses
• Motivated individual with the ability to work to deadlines and communicate project progress
• Good communication skills and ability to articulate information
• Ability to interface and liaise with key client and internal stakeholders
• Committed to Continuous Professional Development
• The candidates must be able to display a broad nuclear safety case understanding in order to be able to undertake different projects in varied locations.
• Degree qualified or equivalent in engineering discipline with extensive design safety case experience
• Chartered professional or similar demonstrable experience
• British National with eligibility to obtain and maintain full UK security clearance (SC)
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Engineering Work Package Lead