Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Principal Mechanical Engineer
Permanent / Contractor
Assystem provide end state focused nuclear engineering services both individually and as part of an integrated design community – the largest nuclear design house in Europe – delivering major projects, infrastructure, waste, fuel management and safety case solutions. This mission is critical to the upkeep of the UK’s long term nuclear infrastructure.
The nuclear industry is expected to need possibly 100,000 new employees over the next decade. Nuclear in the UK, is seeing a recent renaissance with the UK government pledging its support for both large and small-scale nuclear energy projects. As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for a Principal Mechanical Engineer to join our growing team in Warrington.
As Principal Engineer you will be directly involved in the delivery of various high profile Nuclear projects. The design is to be delivered in accordance with the client’s task order and includes all aspects of the mechanical design.
- Be able to work with a high degree of independence, using own initiative and self-motivation.
- As lead Engineer you will be responsible for the management of Engineering deliverables Create deliverables and perform activities as defined by the AEM Technical Interface with Client and Sub Contractors Leading a team of designers to produce detail design drawings
- Lead Mechanical Engineers in producing; calculations, design control plans, validation & verification plans, designers risk assessments, quality plans, substantiation reports, operating and maintenance manuals, operating procedures, manufacturing specifications, technical files, disaster recovery plans, test procedures and test reports.
- Produce technical solutions from customer requirements and initial concepts and lead/work with designers to provide optimal project solutions.
- Produce project deliverables in accordance with project requirements, current best practice, and to the relevant standards and procedures.
- Support design reviews and HAZOPs Producing Project schedules and resource profiles for input by planning manager.
- Establish document and drawing control systems in PLM and Microsoft Teams Concept design of mechanical, control, ventilation and containment systems.
- Provide narrative and supporting cost estimates and schedules for PM to raise Early Warning Notices.
- Ensuring that Health & Safety requirements are appropriately prioritised and resolved.
- Extensive Mechanical Handling experience
- Experience of working within a Principal Engineering role
- Experience of a highly regulated industry with understanding of Nuclear Design requirements
- Project Scoping and Estimating
- Leading packages of Engineering design through the whole project life cycle.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer