Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
Practice Manager / Associate Director (Commercial) – Hybrid role
We are seeking an experienced Commercial Manager to bring additional service delivery and business management expertise to a range of infrastructure projects. With a well-honed aptitude for client-focused service delivery and a capacity for leadership, you work closely with the Practice Lead in the ongoing development of this business area.
· Responsible for all pre- and post-contract commercial activities and team management on assigned projects
· Engage in tender and bid support activities
· Undertake business development activities and secure opportunities
· Undertake regular commercial cost reviews and react accordingly to manage any issues and mitigate risks
· Provide accurate project cost data
· Commercial risk management and reporting
· Claims management
· Dispute resolution / avoidance
· Managing professional commercial staff / quantity surveyors within the team
· Monthly reporting
· Provision of commercial strategic advice
· Cost forecasting / estimating
· Cost planning / delivery
· Relevant Degree and / or professional qualification.
· Experience of operating ideally within a cost / PM / engineering consultancy
Familiarity with common forms of contract (e.g. NEC & ICC) is preferred
Excellent IT skills.
Previous experience in the use of CEMAR would be useful
· Proactively manage commissions / assignments and client teams to achieve agreed objectives with the client in a professional and ethical manner.
· Assist the Practice Leader in the production of regular management reports, highlighting financial performance, performance with key clients, current and future prospects, staff performance and workload trends.
· Assist the Practice Leader in the management, development and growth of the knowledge base within the practice – theory, services, markets, clients, rates and prices, etc.
· Develop and grow the team’s skills, expertise and capabilities by completing staff appraisals, coaching, mentoring and training.
· Develop personal and company networks to identify, cultivate and close business opportunities.
· Proactively participate in other areas of the business to achieve common goals in agreement with the Practice Leader.
· Be fully conversant with and responsible for complying with all company policies and procedures specified
· Maintain effective communication with team.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Engineering Work Package Lead