Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
- Assist with the development of engineering assurance-based documentation and overseeing assurance activities related to the project.
- Establishing and overseeing project phase engineering activities from concept to delivery.
- Managing equipment and/or system requirements and their acceptance throughout the lifecycle.
- Determining customer requirements and generating technical specifications for equipment and/or systems.
- Supporting design reviews as part of a staged delivery.
- Supporting the assessment of the design against safety functional requirements and claims.
- When necessary, provide specialist technical support to the Supplier ensuring design deliverables are of acceptable quality.
- Supporting the management of design changes and non-conformances occurring during the design.
- Lead on engagement with the suppliers to support the resolution of issues and develop design solutions within technical area of expertise.
- Respond to General Queries, Non-Conformances, Change Request, and Exemption Requests originating from the Supplier, with the support of Subject Matter Experts when needed.
- Drive, manage and contribute to the resolution and closure of technical Open Points, to ensure they are delivered safely on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements.
- Provide adequate oversight to ensure the Nuclear Safety requirements are met.
- Assess technical risk and subsequently address this risk.
- Consider a cross-programme view where appropriate, in collaboration with other sub-programme areas to ensure a co-ordination of technical issues across programmes.
- Proven knowledge and experience of using the EU directives, British Standards and company standards and procedures.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, to enable fit for purpose engineered solutions, ideas, and concepts to be clearly communicated to customers, regulators, and key stakeholders.
- Proven knowledge and experience of applying recognised engineering good practice, processes, procedures, and tools to manage engineering activities
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all project team members.
- Proven ability to develop and present reasoned and evidenced technical arguments in support of project deliveries and to defend claims and perceived scope gaps/issues.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings