Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job title: Commissioning Engineer
Location: WFH 10%, Berkshire Site 15%, France 75%
Hours: Up to 50 hours per week
Contract: Outside IR35
The Mechanical Commissioning Engineer will be responsible to provide “hands on” commissioning activities predominantly at facilities in France with some time required in the UK.
This will involve exercising due governance and management to meet the project specifications, requirements and acceptance criteria defined within the project verification, validation and requirements matrix in compliance with the Quality Management System, Project Delivery processes and procedures whilst organising and managing and undertaking the commissioning activities.
To be successful in this role you will have the following skills:
- Understanding of Design Engineering, Construction and Handover.
- Able to organise and execute complex commissioning tests and analyse results.
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to Chair a Test and Commissioning Panel.
- People and process management skills.
- Needs a good understanding of HSAWA, CDM, risk assessments.
To be successful in this role you will have the following experience
- Understanding of Safety Functional Requirements and Safety Justifications.
- A full understanding of clients commissioning, quality and handover processes
- Min 5 years practical commissioning experience.
- Specific experience of commissioning mechanical fluid, vacuum and gas pressure systems.
- Requires general experience of commissioning electrical, and EC&I systems.
- DV Clearance essential
- Must hold a CSCS card or equivalent
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken. These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer