Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
Typical Work Activities / Key Accountabilities
We require a Junior Consultant (Town Planning) to assist on the A30 project. The Junior Consultants responsibilities vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on but can include assisting and being directed by colleagues in the coordination of all consents and engagement matters required by a project and with a wide range of written applications, appraisals, reports and statements. You will also be tasked with assisting senior colleagues deliver projects on time and within budget.
Typical day to day tasks includes:
- Assistance in producing and monitoring submission of consent applications or stakeholder strategies and ensuring their timely delivery
- Helping to coordinate contractors/designers input in relation to consents and engagement
- Attendance / supporting more senior colleagues at consultation events, meetings with planning officers, councilors, and other professionals
- Assistance at Consents & Environment progress meetings
- Maintaining a client focused professional service
- Undertaking any other duties appropriate to the post
Personal and Corporate Responsibilities
- Attending Company and team briefings
- Reporting regularly on the progress of projects to your manager, including client feedback and business opportunities
- Completing Performance and Development Reviews (PDRs) and maintaining an up to date C.V.
- Keeping abreast of and conversant with your responsibilities in the Schofield Lothian Business
- System, including compliance with health and safety policies and practices
Job Skills, Experience and Qualifications Essential:
- Holder of an undergraduate degree in a related subject
- Up to 3 years recent professional experience
- Good standards of communication, both written and spoken English
- Developed interpersonal, communication and organisational skills
- Ability to manage deliverables in accordance with a project programme
- Skill in understanding stakeholder / client expectations
- Self-motivated with the ability to adapt to our clients’ environments, including working individually and as part of a team
- Possess a good level of interpersonal skill, both verbal and written Ability to work on own initiative and with some supervision
- Able to maintain good client relationships under the direction of colleagues
- Working in a multi-disciplinary team
- Awareness of major infrastructure projects e.g. DCO, TWAO or Hybrid bill schemes
- Knowledge of the energy, railway sectors or construction industry
- Ability to consider wider matters e.g. knowledge of communications, environment, property, public relations, stakeholder engagement, town planning or traffic and highways
- Some experience of one or more of the technical disciplines: knowledge of communications, environment, property, public relations, stakeholder engagement, town planning or traffic and highways
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Junior Project Manager
Design Services Integrator