Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is a leading Global Engineering Consultancy tasked with shaping the future of the energy landscape and helping to deliver net-zero solutions.
Whether through our New Build, Decommissioning, Defence or Infrastructure business areas and partnerships, we need your talent to meet our demanding growth plans in the UK.
Join us and develop your career in a world class, inspiring & supportive environment.
Job Title: Integrated Management Systems (IMS) Manager
Location: Blackburn or any UK office Duration:
Assystem are an Award-Winning International Engineering Design Consultancy with a global coverage who provide innovative and cutting-edge solutions to the nuclear sector. We are at the forefront of the #netzero challenge to create a robust energy mix and meet the UKs carbon zero targets.
As our reputation for proficient delivery of complex projects grows even stronger, we have a need for an Integrated Management Systems (IMS) Manager to join the QHSE team based from Blackburn, or any UK office.
The IMS Manager shall be responsible for the day to day development, management and operation of the UK Integrated Management System. The role will report to the Head of HSEQ, interact with the wider HSEQ team and will have line management responsibility for the IMS systems advisor.
The Role: IMS Manager
As our IMS Manager you will be responsible for:
- The ongoing development and implementation of the UK IMS certified to ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 including policies, strategies, procedures, training, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- The development and integration of additional ISO Standards for inclusion within the IMS, including ISO 19443, ISO 44001, ISO 19650 part 2, ISO 27001 and others as required by the business.
- Ensure all relevant documentation and IMS processes are in place to demonstrate compliance to global requirements and operational statutory requirements.
- Managing the internal audit program and conducting internal audits.
- Responsible for the preparation and coordination of all external audits and the maintenance of the external certifications.
- Coordinate training programs for employees in order to continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness, knowledge and preparedness across the organisation.
- Monitor and produce a monthly report on the performance of the IMS and include recommendations for improvement.
- Preparing the annual report for the Management Review covering all certified systems.
A full job specification is available with all responsibilities.
In this role you’ll be using your excellent procedural development skills and your ability to influence and manage expectations.
You’ll need excellent project management skills and to be an expert in Regulatory interpretation and application skills.
You will draw on your knowledge of all relevant Safety and Environmental Legislation & Standards and Compliance Management statutory requirements relating to local, Regional and International locations of operations
You’ll obviously have experience working within integrated management systems and a detailed understanding and extensive experience working in design engineering/PMC.
- Experience working within Nuclear, Oil & Gas, PMC, EPC’s and/or an engineering company
- MSc/BSc or equivalent in an Engineering discipline
- NEBOSH/NCRQ certificate or equivalent
- ISO 9001/ISO 14001/ISO 45001 Certified Lead/Internal auditor
- Good knowledge of all relevant standards, in particular: ISO9001:2015, ISO 14001:2005 and ISO 45001:2018
- Experience in the design and implementation of integrated management systems
- Effective stakeholder engagement and communication
- Practical problem-solving skills and excellent presentation skills
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings