Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is the second largest Nuclear Engineering organisation worldwide, we are heavily involved in the development of Hinkley Point C and have opportunities within the HVAC team.
The Technical Support (Discipline) Team is responsible for dealing with all critical issues and hot spots regarding MEH design activities, to anticipate potential issues before they impact down-stream activities.
The Technical Support (Configuration) Team is responsible for assisting the Building Design Delivery Managers (BDDM) throughout the Handover phases of the design, in order to ensure that the design provided at the ‘Handover 2’ milestone is appropriately mature and aligned with the HPC Reference Configuration. The Technical Support Team allow BDDMs to focus on delivery, whilst the Technical Support filter and manage “NON-REGULAR” business.
- Identify and respond to all (discipline and building specific) Critical Issues, Hot Spots and Tasks that impact the MEH Programme design delivery;
- With respect to the above, propose and manage action plans, in line with objectives given by the DMT Senior Leadership Team (SLT), and with alignment of the BDDMs;
- Assess and coordinate the implementation of Design Change proposals (‘RC-2’ and ‘Post-Freeze RC-2’) from within HPC and other entities that impact the MEH Programme;
- Define the design sequence to be used by the Execution Designers and to be followed by the BDDMs in the delivery of HO2 packages;
- Interface with all RD and HPC (DET) Contract Engineering Leads (CEL) associated with the MEH Programme contracts, to cope with transverse topics in a discipline perspective. In doing so, gain common alignment with respect to the closure of Tasks and Hot Spots etc;
- Provide contract technical support to the Project Manager on the RD contracts and drive the resolution of such EWNs, TQs and CEs;
- With respect to the above, carry out associated ROTC activities (development of trend and change papers) applicable to Critical Issues, Hot Spots, EWNs and CEs;
- Provide contract technical support, when requested, to the RD CEL for Execution Designer contracts;
- Identify engineering risks associated with Critical Issues, Hot Spots and Early Warning Notices and supports the BDDM and Project Manager in the mitigation of such risks;
- Leverages on Taïshan (TSN) and Flamanville (FL3) project experience to accelerate and optimize decision-making;
- Responsible for discharging the Principal Designer duties delegated by TMA to the TST – ‘Record and communicate Lessons Learned’.
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline;
- Experience from working in an equivalent / related role;
- Meticulous and rigorous approach to engineering to achieve high professional standards;
- Proven ability to successfully deliver engineering safely to the correct quality, time and cost in a fast paced, schedule driven environment;
- Ability to influence a diverse range of stakeholders;
- Ability to work autonomously but with awareness of own limitations;
- Knowledge of contractual and commercial mechanisms.
- Decision making and escalation ability for resolution of issues;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Strong influencer;
- Highly motivated and ability to motivate others;
- Be a role model to other team members;
- Have strong leadership values;
- Ability to lead through teamwork.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer