Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Job Title: Firmware Design Engineer
Employment Type: Contract
As a Firmware Design Engineer, You will work within our safety critical firmware development team across all design phases of the firmware lifecycle. The team uses agile SCRUM methods to develop high integrity firmware applications adopting the latest state-of-the-art toolsets. Training will be provided where required to equip you with the skills necessary to develop requirements, architectures, designs and HDL code for controls firmware applications essential for the protection and monitoring of nuclear propulsion plant.
Key Responsibilities for the Firmware Design Engineer:
- You will follow a DevOps-based firmware development lifecycle to deliver customer requirements by:
- Developing high-level firmware requirements using DOORS,
- Creating architectural designs,
- Defining low level requirements and detailed designs,
- Writing VHDL and Verilog HDL code using Sigasi Studio,
- Simulating HDL designs at unit, integration and system level using Mentor Graphics QuestaSIM,
- Undertaking synthesis, place and route and static timing analysis using Synopsis Synplify, targeting Xilinx FPGAs,
- Developing Python scripts for process automation,
- Operating continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) toolsets,
- Managing change control and configuration management using GIT,
- You will be engaged in problem solving,
- You will be required to demonstrate process adherence and solution correctness,
- You will be expected to engage in continued improvement of our firmware development process, for cost and timescale reduction and quality improvement,
- You will support process and technical audits,
- You will liaise with the Software, Systems and Electronics teams,
- You will manage suppliers, including scoping packages of work and reviewing their deliveries.
Essential Skills, Qualifications and Experience for the Firmware Design Engineer:
- Qualified to degree, or HND level In Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline,
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic to become familiar with new techniques and tools,
- Experienced and talented programmable hardware engineer.
- Experienced in digital electronics design,
- Experienced in programmable logic device design,
- Experienced in real-time systems
- Awareness of safety-critical development constraints (e.g. IEC62566),
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings