Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Are you an Electrical Engineer with aspirations to work in one of the most exciting, challenging and forward-looking sectors in the construction industry? Are you looking for a role which can offer you the stability and confidence that you will be an important and valued member for an organisation with over 50 years of experience providing engineering services?
Assystem, the second largest nuclear engineering company in the World, are expanding rapidly in the UK, and with the ever-growing need for energy transition, you can be a part of the continuous effort towards decarbonisation.
The project at Hinkley Point C (HPC) in Somerset is the first of its kind in the UK in over 20 years and one of the biggest construction projects globally.
If you have experience in the nuclear sector, then that’s great, but by no means is it essential. We are looking for people who are ambitious and looking to be part of something great.
As an electrical commissioning engineer, you will normally be aligned to either HV, LV, DC or generator systems but will be expected to work across all electrical disciplines. This includes system voltages at 400kV, 10kV, 400VAC, 690VAC 220VDC and control voltages.
- Liaise with the designer
- Liaise with the Project managers for electrical deliverables
- Accountable to a nominated Commissioning Manager/Engineer in the New Build HPC Project team
- Develop commissioning documentation relating to commissioning testing and system validation activities
- Contribute to design reviews to ensure layout of plant items and systems are in a manner that allows ease of commissioning
- Contribute to detailed planning of commissioning and take ownership of a programme of commissioning tests
- Take part in the execution of site commissioning activities including supervision of contractor commissioning personnel on behalf of HPC to achieve successful and safe commissioning of HPC systems
- Provide information to assist the Commissioning Manager and Senior Commissioning Manager in meeting project-level objectives and milestones
- Analyse commissioning results and provide reports summarising the outcome of commissioning
- Support HPC to ensure that the commissioning process meets nuclear, environmental and industrial safety regulatory requirements and that it reflects good industry practice in international safety and technical excellence.
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings