Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is a leading Global Engineering Consultancy tasked with shaping the future of the energy landscape and helping to deliver net-zero solutions.
Whether through our New Build, Decommissioning, Defence or Infrastructure business areas and partnerships, we need your talent to meet our demanding growth plans in the UK.
Join us and develop your career in a world class, inspiring & supportive environment.
Blackburn or Sunderland
Working with the HSEQ Manager and the Responsible Health and Safety Officers to improve the EHS standards and culture within their business areas of operations:
- Ensuring implementation of adequate HSE Management systems within the business area.
- Ensure that Project teams are aware of relevant Health, Safety and Environmental statutory compliance requirements and have systems in place to ensure compliance.
- Assist the project teams in setting, monitoring & reporting on HSE objectives & targets.
- Provide and/or present project HSE management reports (weekly, monthly) and on-going communication with project management regarding the operations performance.
- Ensure compliance with client related procedures and conditions of the project contract.
- Lead incident investigation with HSE personnel and Project Management, as required.
- Ensure completion and facilitation of project internal and external audit requirements.
- Provide feedback and coaching as a part of audit de-briefs, follow up non-conformance to effective closure with project personnel.
- Lead/Assist in the development of the project specific HSE plans, policies, procedures, guidance and campaigns.
- Schedule and deliver HSE training as required and in accordance with procedures, standards and legislation.
A full specification is available on request
To perform well in our team you’ll need the ability to confidently communicate at all levels and clearly deliver information
You will have a strong team work ethic with the ability to build strategic working relationships and you’ll be well organised, attentive to detail and able to work independently. Please note the role requires the need to travel across the UK to our offices
- You will have experience in the nuclear sector or similar industry.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or NCRQ Certificate in Applied Health and Safety
- Minimum Technical member of IOSH
- Understanding of EHS legislation and working knowledge of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001
- IT proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Ideally you’ll have:
- NEBOSH/NCRQ Diploma in Health and Safety Management or similar.
- IEMA Environmental certificate or similar
- Lead/internal auditor ISO 14001 and/or ISO45001
- Practitioner member of IEMA
- Knowledge of Nuclear Safety
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
At Assystem, everyone holds the reins for their own careers. Our role is to offer you the opportunities and resources you need to reach your full potential.
So why not join us and help shape the engineering landscape of the future?
We are committed to providing equal opportunities for every candidate and we celebrate all forms of diversity. At Assystem, only your skills matter!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Engineering Work Package Lead