Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The UK government has made a pledge to reach carbon neutrality by 2050 and, as such, is pushing ahead with significant investment in nuclear and renewable energies.Assystem, as a leading provider of project management, design & construction supervision services within the nuclear industry, has aligned its own strategy to support this switch to low-carbon energy, whilst also recognising transport and infrastructure systems to be a major factor in influencing the outcome of government policy.By acquiring Schofield Lothian in 2021, Assystem reaffirmed their commitment to the UK’s energy transition in combining strengths with a long-established provider of consultancy services to the transport and infrastructure sectors, through the delivery of sustainable performance improvements within four practice areas: Consents & Engagement; Commercial Management; Project Management; and Environment & Sustainability.
- Review the Flood Reporting Deliverables provided by the Design Joint Venture
- Manage the Interface between the Designer and the Consents Granting Bodies as well as the Client.
- Consolidate and manage update progress reports to Senior Leadership Team.
- Manage interface with section teams.
- Coordinate flood modelling and reporting priorities schedule.
- Manage compliance with HS2 standards.
- Support technical team.
- Ensure that the meetings are recorded/minuted.
- Ensure that consents are shared with HS2 via BIMXtra.
- Assist in the coordination of sectional environmental consents coordinators requirements.
- Manage the interface between temporary and permanent works.
Key Skills and qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in the application of environmental legislation for large scale infrastructure projects in the UK.
- Be meticulous in checking detail whilst recognising delivery priorities, programme need and the anticipated volume of work
- Working under deadline pressures
- Have good inter-personal skills and be able to develop and maintain good relationships and networks
- Strong stakeholder management skills with experience of influencing and negotiating with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders and the ability to extract key points and communicate this to others.
- Degree in an Environmental or Engineering discipline.
- Chartered Membership of an appropriate professional body.
- Key relationships
Design teams, Construction Teams, Environment teams, Consents teams, Environment Agency, Local Lead Flood Authority
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer