Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Title: Cost Manager
Position Type: Permanent/Contract (inside IR35)
Location: Glasgow (Working 3 days per week in office)
Assystem have an exciting opportunity for a Cost Manager to join our Glasgow office, on a hybrid working basis.
Cost Manager requirements:
- Consolidation of accruals and reporting to Finance on behalf Project Manager
- Define and implement processes for management and reporting of multiple cost lines across the portfolio.
- Monthly reporting of overall portfolio total spend by Approval (PBC, OBC etc) and total spend by Work Package – collated from individual projects and packages.
- Track costs and forecasts across all portfolio projects and packages against cost model baseline to demonstrate continued affordability.
- Define cost capitalisation rules across the portfolio and ensure costs are being captured for each project and package monthly.
- Supporting Project Manager in Monthly finance reviews and delivery reviews.
- Monitoring of cost against approval baseline at portfolio level to maintain affordability envelope
- Attendance of monthly supplier project meetings
- Monitoring cost against change and attendance of the change control/ meetings
- Capture costs for capitalisation purposes in line with the rules set at portfolio level.
- Full Member (MACostE)/ Full Member (MRICS)
- 5 years demonstrable experience in cost engineering, project controls or a related discipline.
- Must have a recognised professional qualification (e.g. a relevant Higher Vocational Qualification, HNC, HND, Degree).
- A deep understanding of cost models.
- A deep understanding of the relationship between cost, risk, estimating uncertainty and schedule.
- A deep understanding of producing in year and out year forecasts and variance analysis.
- A deep understanding of how to track and mature cost estimates against baseline budgets.
- Must be highly proficient with all MS Office suite applications.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
External Communications Specialist