Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for a Control and Instrumentation Engineer to work on our customers site in Derby on a contract basis.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will ensure the Instrumentation & Control aspects of the design, build and commissioning are appropriate for the functional and safety requirements of the facilities. Control system design oversight for a range of manufacturing assets and production & experimental equipment across a plant, site or business, ensuring that all outputs are safe, available and capable for use when required.
The C&I Engineer will be responsible for performing the necessary specification and analysis to produce the C&I design for a number of systems and ensure site compliance with Nuclear License Conditions.
Job title: Control and Instrumentation Engineer
Location: Raynesway, Derby
Sector: Nuclear and Defence
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella
- Act as ‘Intelligent Customer’ for Instrumentation & Control aspects of the facility design, directing and coordinating these areas of work by us and partners in support of new facility and existing facility upgrade design, construction/installation and commissioning.
- Model at facility level the control design following Internal User Requirements, technical specs, Functional Design Spec, integrated factory acceptance test (IFAT), site acceptance test (SAT) and handover docs.
- Defining the I&C functional requirements cascading the requirements from key safety inputs to ensure safety case compliance
- Performing technical peer reviews of I&C documents produced by other engineers in the team
- Read and interpret machinery and plant drawings, electrical schematics, maintenance manuals, and parts catalogues to enable customer requirements to be met
Qualifications and skills required:
- I&C, Mechanical, Chemical or Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent qualification although experience and capability will be taken into consideration.
- Experience of seeing projects through full lifecycle from requirements, design, detailing and commissioning.
- Knowledge of Instrumentation and Control design, distribution systems and system design, Safety Case construction and Nuclear Safety requirements placed on systems
- Experience and knowledge of Programmable Industrial Control Systems including SCADA and DCS and Profibus, Profinet and ASI Network Protocols
- Knowledge of safety related control systems – BS 61508, 61511, 61513 with a thorough understanding of fault detection techniques including utilising Programmable Logic Controllers
- Design and safety principles of devices, nuclear safety, Hardware logic, SIL systems and Safety Classification
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer