Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for a Construction Engineering Coordinator to be based in Derby on a contract basis to support our customers with crucial projects.
The Construction Engineering Coordinator assists with the control and supervision of the works being undertaken and supports the Construction Manager in ensuring that the construction activities are executed to meet the goals and objectives of the project and business. The Coordinator will oversee, inspect and verify the works, identifying issues with construction methods and non-conformance. They will check that the contractor fully understands instructions given on drawings and documents
- Role title – Construction Engineering Coordinator
- Contract duration – 6 months
- Contract type – PAYE via Umbrella
- Hours – 37 hours per week
- Location – Derby
Key accountabilities in this role:
- Ensuring that all construction works are completed in line with the design and drawings issued (i.e. ensuring the design intent is met) through inspection & verification of works and manufacturing records.
- Assist in the provision of construction expertise and input to constructability reviews HAZCON, as required and ensuring the design, work scope and construction strategies embed the out puts.
- Ensure that the contractors and their supervisors are Suitably Qualified and Experienced to carry out their respective roles inline with the Contract and CDM (2015)
- Ensure site work is undertaken in line with planned and coordinated schedules so as to meet programmed dates as well as safety and quality objectives.
- Support process improvement throughout the construction activities.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree qualified and or equivalent experience in a technical or project role
- Direct and indirect contractor relationship experience
- Experience of construction site activities and contractor supervision
- Good knowledge of Construction & Engineering processes and methods
- Ability to handle difficult relationships or manage disagreements
- Good communication skills
**Security clearance is required**
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Consents Engineer