Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem is currently recruiting for a Civil Engineer with experience in structural engineering and soil geotechnics to join us working on the Hinkley Point C project in Bridgwater, Somerset, assisting our Civils Lead. As Civil Engineer you will be required to undertake modifications and adaptations to designs received from Back Office, substantiate the adapted design of the reinforced concrete structures and associated interfaces on the Hinkley Point C project.
- Receive, analyse and verify the consistency of the input data
- Modifying concrete structure designs (including interfaces) compliant with the ETC-C and other relevant codes
- Maintaining Assystem’s QA procedures in delivering the CW design
- Working and reviewing with the designers in the preparation of the design drawings/models modified
- Managing engineering changes in line with company procedures
- Liaising with colleagues in Paris, Bristol or Tours.
- Liaise with subject matter experts.
- You will be expected to build relationships with various teams on site and with contractors across the project.
To be successful in your application for Civil Engineer you will have:
- Knowledge of Structural Civil Work, Civil Design and Construction
- Experience in Nuclear civil work OR complex structures
- Experience in design of concrete structures
- Experience in detailed design or conceptual design in an office or on a civil construction site
- Experience on project dealing with material interfaces
- Competent using Tekla and PDMS
Experience with on-site design support or large projects is highly desirable.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Quality Engineer
Project Interface / Highways Consents Manager
Design Manager - Buildings