Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are recruiting for an experienced Calibration Technician to work on our customers site in Derby on a long term 6-month contract basis.
Reporting to the Calibration & Test Facilities Section Leader; The role involves the responsibility for servicing, repair, calibration and routine maintenance of electrical/electronic equipment & instrumentation.
In the event of a machine breakdown, diagnose the fault and repair. Liaison and assist others as required.
Job title: Calibration Technician
Location: Raynesway, Derby
Sector: Nuclear and Defence
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 6 months
Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella - INSIDE IR35
Key Accountabilities include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out Calibration and Maintenance of electrical/electronic equipment, instrumentation and rig equipment.
- Support breakdowns on rigs relating to calibration, this may include providing solutions and repairs.
- Carrying out Servicing and Fault Finding on test and trials equipment.
- Performing testing to various standards/procedures.
- Occasional support to trials onboard submarines and at various test sites.
- Processing and approving of external calibrations.
- Ensuring HS&E procedures are followed.
- Managing and Maintaining an inventory of all equipment.
- Producing Technical Documentation.
- Ensuring work is carried out in accordance with the Quality Management System.
What we are looking for in applications:
- Candidates should be preferably educated to BTEC Level 4 HNC/HND or equivalent in an engineering/technical discipline, however an ONC with strong experience in the field will also be acceptable.
This role requires the successful candidate to hold a minimum of a Security Check (SC) clearance without any caveats to that clearance.
Due to the nature of work this role will be delivering and for the protection of certain assets, the successful candidate has to be a UK national or in MoD approved cases a Dual National from a non-ITAR country
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Mechanical Construction Engineer
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Lead Mechanical Engineer