Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
As our business continues to grow, we have a strategic requirement to hire a business development and sales director with a strong bias for digital driven engineering sales and business development.
Reporting to the Chief Sales Officer with accountability to the EDF UK Business Unit Director for sales across the EDF UK key account, the role will require working across our UK and global teams to identify and cross sell strategic capabilities working alongside Delivery Directors, the client account manager and engineering directors within the UK team.
This senior role will also support the Chief Sales Officer in driving sales and business development excellence across all of Assystem’s activities in the UK.
Key Responsibilities to include
- Coordinate the BD/Sales strategy within EDF UK and wider new nuclear power opportunities interfacing with wider UK business.
- Engage internally and externally to advance the company’s interests, establish relationships, and brand the company.
- Grow strategic initiatives, sales funnel and leveraging tactical value propositions with the support of service line and operational functions to drive and convert strategic capture plans into work winning results
- Work with business development personnel across Assystem to ensure a coordinated business development effort.
- Support the EDF UK Business Unit Director in the identification of UK M&A targets to support organic sales growth
- Develop and maintain understanding of national and international nuclear strategy and development.
- Identify and develop work with blue chip firms, agencies, regulators and government organisations.
- Advise/oversee production of strategic bids and offers in conjunction with UK Head of Bid Management
The ideal candidate will have a successful record of strategic sales execution, within a consultancy environment predicated on leveraging soft skills to develop new client relationships.
Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent in a technical discipline. Alternatively, experience within an engineering consultancy environment would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral with exceptional interpersonal skillsAbility to provide clear, concise and well-reasoned analyses and reports as well as Maintains an expansive network with relevant stakeholders.
- Position requires a thorough understanding of government contracting/customers and the proposal process.
- The role also requires travel within and outside the U.K. Position may require the ability to pass and maintain a Security Clearance
- Bilingual in French would be desirable but not essential
Flexible working from either Bristol or London with travel to other Assystem UK and customer locations as required.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !