Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The Building Integration Lead will be responsible for considering all aspects of the planning of a designated section of the works on the Hinkley Point C project. This will involve conducting integrated and cross-cutting coordination reviews of construction preparation, looking at arrangements in detail from wider perspectives to provide oversight, ensuring pre-requisites, dependencies and constraints are managed in a balanced and integrated approach to ensure the activities on the site run safely and smoothly and in accordance with the project schedule (IWS84). The primary objective will be to identify and eliminate any issues prior to the work commencing on the site and will involve interfacing with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Multi-discipline teams
Knowledge & Skills
The Building Integration Lead will have broad knowledge of Engineering, Procurement and Construction activities and the integration of these activities. In addition, they will possess a good understanding of project planning processes and the ability to identify and resolve complex interfaces. This includes experience across many types of EPC contracts, specifically knowledge of NEC and FIDIC contracts. The DO Building Integration Leads will have the ability to work collaboratively with a wide range of stakeholders. Strong management and communication skills and commercial awareness are essential. Specific knowledge, skills, qualification, and experience include:
- Experience and understanding of working in a Nuclear and Safety Quality Culture.
- Understanding and awareness of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Ability to build and manage a diverse and high performing team.
- Ability to work collaboratively and in an integrated team environment.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Management of strategic planning developing construction sequencing and recovery plans.
- Good working knowledge of commercial principles affecting construction matters.
- Ability to produce informative, concise reports.
- Awareness of project change control and, risk management processes.
- Extensive working knowledge in the delivery of large complex construction projects.
- Understanding of planning tools including Navisworks and Primavera P6
Qualifications & Experience
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or related subject or a demonstrable level of experience based on years of experience (10 plus years) and project assignments.
- 10 years’ experience in delivering highly complex projects.
- Experience operating in a high security environment advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of programme progress and forecast position and planning.
- Strong communication skills in English required, knowledge of French can be an advantage.
- Nuclear construction background.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Design Services Integrator
Senior Project Manager