Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem are looking to secure the services of an experienced Area Integration Lead to join the team in Bridgwater to work on Hinkley Point C. The position will be part of HPC Delivery Integration Team, part of the Project Management Office.
Because of the scale and complexity of this project, the Area Integration Lead should have proven experience in the execution of large and complex works projects under similar constraints. The Area Integration Lead will be assigned to an area of the plant, which may encompass one or multiple buildings / systems across the entirety of the HPC Site.
The Area Integration Lead will have experience in planning and constructing complex construction projects to achieve the job purpose objectives by implementing, as a minimum, the following as appropriate for the work being performed:
- Advocating safe and effective planning
- Ensuring that conventional and nuclear safety considerations are recognised as essential
- Ensuring that detailed plans are developed
- Fostering and promoting Area Management collaboration “what’s best for the project” outcome.
- Understanding and adhering to the processes and procedures that govern the Delivery Integration Team’s scope of work and advocating their effective implementation.
Specific knowledge, skills, qualification, and experience include:
- Understanding and awareness of working in a highly regulated environment.
- Excellent organisational and communication skills.
- Management of strategic planning, developing construction sequences and recovery plans.
- Good working knowledge of commercial principles affecting construction matters.
- Ability to produce informative, concise reports.
- Motivational approach and the ability to energise team members by building a climate of trust and understanding.
- Awareness of project change control and risk management processes.
- Extensive working knowledge in the delivery of large complex construction projects. Desirable
- Understanding of planning tools including Navisworks and Primavera P6.
Qualifications & Experience Essential
- Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or related subject or a demonstrable level of experience
- 10 years’ experience in delivering highly complex projects.
- Experience operating in a high security environment advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of programme progress and forecast position and planning.
- Strong communication skills in English required, knowledge of French can be an advantage.
If you would like to ne involved in one of the largest and most complex projects in Europe please get in contact today!
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior Business Manager/Business Manager