Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Area Integration Engineer – Bristol/Bridgwater
The Area Integration Engineer will develop a recommended sequence of installation of all scope across multiple contracts within their designated area; from manufacturing completion through to site construction, erection and commissioning which supports schedule integration.
This will involve:
- Conducting integrated and cross-cutting coordination reviews of construction preparation
- Looking at arrangements in detail from wider perspectives to provide oversight
- Ensuring pre-requisites, dependencies and constraints are managed in a balanced and integrated approach to ensure the activities on the site run safely and smoothly and in accordance with the project schedule.
- To identify and eliminate issues to fully de-risk site activities. Interfacing with the Engineering, Procurement, Construction and Area Multi-Disciplinary Teams on the project.
- Use 3D and/or 4D tools, such as Navisworks and/or Synchro, and manage data via databases or PowerBI
- Report into the Area Integration Manager
The Area Integration Engineer will have experience in planning and constructing complex construction projects to achieve the job purpose objectives by implementing, as a minimum, the following as appropriate for the work being performed:
- Advocating safe and effective planning of works for site construction.
- Ensuring that conventional and nuclear safety considerations are recognised as essential to the success of the project and built into the planning processes.
- Developing detailed plans on a facility and/or area basis which integrate, co-ordinate and sequence work activities to achieve the optimum construction sequence.
- Fostering and promoting Area Management collaboration striving to achieve a “what’s best for the project” outcome.
- Understanding and adhering to the processes and procedures that govern the Delivery Integration Team’s scope of work and advocating their effective implementation.
The Area Integration Engineer will support and/or oversee the implementation of:
- Delivery Work Packs – Readiness reviews conducted on a rolling wave basis based on a time scale relative to the start of a scope of works on site.
- Hotspot management – Looking ahead to identify risks and developing mitigating options in sufficient time so as not to impact the construction site performance.
- Interface Data Sheets – To support the Area Handover process.
Qualifications & Experience
Degree in Civil, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or Equivalent in Construction Management or related subject or a demonstrable level of experience
- 5 years’ experience in delivering highly complex projects
- Experience operating in a high security environment advantageous.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of programme progress and forecast position and planning.
- Strong communication skills required
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.
Other vacancies might interest you
Junior Project Manager
Design Services Integrator