Welder – Nuclear
- Fixed-Term Contract /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Assystem Energy & Infrastructure are recruiting for a Welder to work at our customers site on an initial 12 months contract in Derby.
- Job title: Welder
- Contract length: 12 months
- Location: Derby
- Industry: Defence
- Hours: 37 hours, Split between Nights, Afters + Days (overtime achievable)
- Contract type: PAYE via Umbrella solution
The business is responsible for the manufacture in various materials up to and in excess of sixty tonnes, also complex assemblies and sub-assemblies to industry standards. And you will be involved with the welding of a range of materials using various manual and mechanized welding processes including Manual Metal Arc (MMA), Tungsten Inert Gas (TIG), and Mechanised TIG welding in accordance with defined specifications and procedures.
You will be responsible for the interpretation of manufacturing drawings, customer drawings and written specifications then moving through the process to dress or finish components to meet the desired drawing requirements.
- You will work within a team to resolve production and quality issues and have the flexibility to undertake other tasks and activities when production work is not required.
- Your role will be an integral part of our manufacturing process and will maintain our excellent quality standards
Fundamental qualities that we seek for these roles
- You will have completed a recognised time-served welding apprenticeship including City and Guilds, NVQ3 or equivalent.
- You will possess experience in welding a range of materials, including stainless steel.
- You will possess experience in pressure welding to 100% X-Ray / U/T standard.
- You will have a professional and flexible attitude, with the ability to communicate clearly and effectively at all levels.
- It is essential that you have an up-to-date working knowledge of health, safety (including COSHH) and environmental procedures.
Whilst we encourage applications from all nationalities, Assystem within the UK are subject to security and export control restrictions due to the nature of work to be undertaken.
These restrictions mean that factors including your nationality, any previous nationalities you have held, and/or your place of birth may limit those roles that you can perform for the organisation
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.