Ventilation Senior Engineer
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all
Senior Mechanical Engineer
Permanent / Contract
The project is in the latter stages of the ‘Appraise and Select Phase’. The Ventilation Senior Engineer will be required to support the design through all project phases, including the current validation of the single viable ventilation plant option. The Ventilation Senior Engineer will be required to work closely with the multidiscipline design team and plant-based team. The Ventilation Senior Engineer is required to deliver the ventilation and building services work scope, production and checking of design deliverables, reporting to a Principal Ventilation/Responsible Engineer. Will need to guide Designers and Engineers in the production of detail drawings, sub-assemblies, GA, Layout drawings, Flow diagrams and parts lists.
The Ventilation Senior Engineer may be required to produce calculations to verify the detail design and design substantiation. The production/compiling of technical documentation (technical specifications, RA’s, Installation methodology docs, O&M manuals, etc) will be a requirement.
- Experience of working within a highly regulated industry, preferably within the nuclear industry
- Recent experience of Alpha plant design and the decommissioning of redundant plant would be advantageous, but not essential.
- A good understanding of the requirements associated with delivering ventilation designs in the nuclear sector.
- Experience in production of technical files.
- Experience of ‘Design for Assembly’ within a nuclear facility.
- Experience in the production and development of nuclear ventilation plant layout.
- Production and checking of ventilation engineering calculations & deliverables.
- Liaison with key stakeholders and other design disciplines
- Competent Report writing skills: clearly and concisely reporting findings.
- Comfortable working under time and cost constraints.
- The candidate will need to manage their own workload and drive completion of
- The candidate will need to be able to communicate effectively with team members and with the Client. the work scope
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
To apply forward your CV on this advertisement, if you have any queries about the role or would like a full job spec please contact matt on email@example.com
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.