Technical Lead Hazard Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- Hybrid work
CRA is one of the UK’s largest integrated Risk, Safety and Human Factors consultancies. We have a long history of helping our clients in the UK nuclear and other high hazard industries manage risk and ensure the safety of their operations. As part of the Assystem Group we also have opportunities to support a wide variety of projects around the world.
CRA recognises that our staff are our greatest asset and we strive to develop each consultant technically and professionally by providing them with the opportunities and support they need to grow and realise their potential. For more junior staff, Initial Professional Development (IPD) focuses on attaining the competencies and the range of technical experience required to achieve Chartered status with their chosen professional institution through a combination of internal and external training and project experience. For our more experienced staff, our Continued Professional Development (CPD) programme provides support to allow maintenance of existing skills and expertise, while developing new ones in complimentary areas.
We aim to provide a diverse and inclusive working environment with a healthy work-life balance and recognise the benefits that this brings to our business, our clients and our people.
Responsible for producing safety studies to validate the robustness of the design of nuclear power plant systems and layout.
- Analysis of the HPC specific modifications, proposing changes/optimisations to the Layout Teams in order to de-risk at an early stage, the design related to hazard protection requirements.
- Integration of all hazard studies in the design.
Verification Studies Analysis
From input data supplied by architect engineering (list of classified equipment), by systems engineering (description of plant main systems), and by the 3D model:
- Produce studies relating to:
- Internal hazards;
- External hazards.
- Produce simplified design calculation hypotheses and define the various possible scenarios for each internal or external threat situation:
- Identify the equipment under threat and also the way in which the equipment would be affected;
- Produce studies on the functional redundancies impacted.
- Relay to the building general layout the changes to be made to the general layout, highlighted by the functional analysis studies completed by architect engineering.
- Present the results of these studies regularly to the project teams.
- Relevant engineering degree
- French-speaking would be an advantage but is not a pre-requisite
- Demonstrable experience on PWR design and more particularly on EPR technology
- Practical experience on the systems, layout and and components of the common raft buildings or of the balance of plant
Our benefits package includes the following:
- Company Pension where CRA contributes 8%. Company Salary sacrifice for employee contribution if desired
- 25 days paid holiday in addition to all bank holidays
- An additional day of paid holiday on your birthday if this falls on a weekday
- Training allowance of 7 days per year
- Discretionary annual bonus depending on company and personal performance
- Private medical Insurance with the option to extend to family at own costs if desired
- Death in service benefit (currently 4 x annual salary)
- Subscription paid to two professional institutions
- Flexible working arrangements (hours, location, home-working)
- Sick pay
- Referral scheme
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.