Technical Lead Engineer
- Permanent / Engineering / Technical
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Supporting the delivery of nuclear power plant operating equipment to the client, from external suppliers, through the following activities:
- Create/amend technical specifications for new equipment scope, utilising expert inputs where applicable.
- Perform surveillance and approval of contractor deliverables and design activities.
- Lead contract technical and project meetings
- Resolution activities for multi-disciplinary technical issues and queries, including input to/ownership of resolving technical Open Points (OP), interface queries and Design Changes (UKDC).
- Management of technical specialists to perform review of deliverables and to resolve technical issues.
- Review and approve contract amendments and exemptions (CTSs, ERs)
- Liaise with RD and client teams to ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions/systems/structures
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (anchorages, civil work, piping, fluids, radioprotection, safety, systems engineering)
- Demonstrable experience on the design of specific equipment such as cranes, lifting, shielding doors or handling systems and mechanical components.
- Capable of producing technical specifications
- Sound understanding of nuclear processing regulations
- Experience on the design of the EPR TEP/TEU systems, or other nuclear / safety classified tanks, fluid handling systems and mechanical components.
- Experience of equipment supply contracts and contract forms such as NEC/FIDIC.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.