Technical Lead Engineer – Primary & Secondary Circuits
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
The SZC project Nuclear Island Primary and Secondary Circuits (NI P&SC) team, led by the Senior Architect, is responsible for the delivery in cost, time, and quality of all the engineering services within the P&SC scope of the project. The P&SC scope covers the reactor coolant system, the secondary systems, the primary safety systems and support distribution systems located within the reactor building, and all of their associated components.
Within this team, the SZC NI Primary and Secondary Circuits Technical Lead provides support to the technical coordination and integration activities within the Primary and Secondary Circuits (P&SC) scope.
In particular, the technical lead will provide support to the oversight of the configuration management activities related to the NI P&SC scope. By support, it is intended that the technical lead will be responsible for the activities delegated by the P&SC Senior Architect among the P&SC scope.
The NI Primary and Secondary Circuits Technical Lead will be based in client’s office in Bristol, U.K. and will require ad hoc travels to France (mainly Paris), London and the Sizewell site in Norwich, U.K.
The key duties, responsibilities and deliverables of the NI Primary and Secondary Circuits Technical Lead are, on the scope delegated bi the NI P&SC Senior Architect, as follow:
• Engage with the NI P&SC team members, with the Contract Equipment Leads (CELs) of SZC Equipment branch, the technical departments of ‘Direction Engineering & Supply Chain’ (DESC) of the client in Bristol, to ensure the coordination and integration of the NI Primary and Secondary activities and production of associated deliverables
• In particular, as the NI P&SC Senior Architect is based in Paris, lead the engagement with the client’s technical departments, which are based in Bristol
• Participate to high-level progress meetings with the client on behalf of the Senior Architect
• Support the technical departments in the Design Replication Justification process
• Collaborate with the NI Technical Directorate and other NI Senior Architects to drive the design stability to maximize the replication and next of a kind effect
• Manage and ensure appropriate maturity of design for all aspects of the delegated scope, which includes design changes, open points, interfaces, non-conformance report management
• Ensure the resolution of the delegated transverse technical issues, impacting several buildings/systems/contracts that cannot be solved at a lower level
• Support the Data Management ensuring the data quality, supported by the various data owners, and the resolution of data inconsistencies, and associated design impacts
• Perform close monitoring of the project’s open points and design changes on the NI P&SC scope, arising both in the RD back-office and JDO, and engage with relevant discipline leads when the replicability of the change is at challenge
• Contribute to the preparation of the Technical Direction Forum (TDF), No Change Committee (NCC), Weekly Configuration Meeting (WCM)
• Support the identification and management of the technical risks related to NI P&SC scope
General and technical background expected
• Degree qualified Mechanical or Process engineer
• Previous successful experience in either Nuclear Engineering, Process or System design engineering background
• Knowledge of EPR design, UK context is desirable
• Experience in multi-disciplinary teams on large projects
• Knowledge of System Engineering principles
• Able to take a proactive approach to management and resolution of technical topics,
• Able to take a strategic view with good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate at all levels,
• Motivated and disciplined with an ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work across multiple workstreams,
• Able to write and review technical documents which present complex arguments clearly,
• Strong organisational and communication skills, able to liaise between multiple stakeholders and maintain a clear overview for specific topics
• English fluent (minimum B2)
• French is desirable
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.