Technical Lead Engineer – Pressure Equipment & BNI Valves
- Permanent /
- On site
Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
Drawing on more than 55 years’ experience in highly regulated sectors subject to strict security and safety requirements, we provide our customers with engineering and project management services, as well as digital services and solutions to optimize the performance of complex infrastructure projects throughout their life cycle. The Group is currently ranked second in the world for nuclear engineering.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Support to Contract Engineering Lead (CEL) concerning all technical topics linked to the contract lot and to produce support to the Client organization for technical issue (proactivity during the resolution part).
• Support the Contract Engineering Lead (CEL) with the technical management of the supplier, and support the Client in its contractual relationship with the supplier during the contract execution phase (in particular with regard to compliance with the schedule, costs, and scope of supply and studies).
• Lead contract technical and project meetings
• Review of supplier documents according to technical referential in time, respecting the contractual deadlines, with good level of quality and coordinate the documentary review of the various contributors
• Produce comment sheets via dedicated tool to the supplier and perform discussion with supplier if needed
• Manage modifications, open points and scope gaps on the contracts; to inform supplier via CTS send to the Client via dedicated tools
• Support resolution of all modifications, technical issues, or non-conformities coming from site activities or design teams
• Writing surveillance plan and reports.
• Manage the interfaces with all disciplines implicated in the contract (system, electrical, piping, layout, I&C, etc.); and especially with the qualification part performed by stakeholders
• Liaise with RD and client management teams to communicate progress, risks, issues and planning to support contract delivery.
• Ensure manufacturing dates are progressing according to Site Need dates.
Activities listed above, are managed through different meetings, which may require the attendance of the Contract Technical Lead:
• Weekly technical meeting to discuss about technical issues
• Manufacturing meeting to follow the Delivery To Site for equipment
• Monthly meeting to have an overview concerning all parts (technical, planning, review, risks, …) for the contract
• Meeting with site to be informed of technical issue
- Masters degree or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering
- Experience working with and knowledge of mechanical equipment design, manufacture and operation – e.g. tanks, vessels and valves
- 3+ years of professional experience of contract management
- Knowledge of equipment design, manufacture and operation
- Understanding of equipment interfaces (piping, layout, system, etc)
- Contract management and documentary surveillance
- Experience of using change management, commercial and deliverable management systems
- Experience working in a multicultural environment
- Qualification and commissioning experience
- Knowledge of the HPC project or previous EPR and associated studies/doctrine
- 3+ years experience in the management of transverse technical and contractual topics
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, conscientiousness, organisation, writing ability.
- Good organizational, writing and oral expression skills in English are essential for the realization of the activities of document production, steering and interfaces with the various correspondents.
- Ability to prioritise, to manage numerous interfaces, to question and understand the imperatives of other downstream disciplines. Ability to meet commitments and deadlines.
• Fluent English
• French is a bonus.
Due to the nature of work to be undertaken applicants will be required to meet certain residency criteria in order to attain a minimum level of UK security clearance if not already security cleared to a minimum SC level.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. We believe that bringing together people with different backgrounds and perspectives is essential for creating innovative and impactful solutions. Skills, talent, and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !. Bring your unique contributions and help us shape the future.