Assystem is an international company with one mission: accelerate the energy transition around the world.
Every day, our 6,500 switchers located in 12 countries (Europe, Middle East, Pacific Asia & Africa) connect their six thousand billion neurons to tackle the task of the century: switching to low-carbon energy.
We are a collective committed to the actors who are making the energy switch. Sharing our knowledge, expertise and values allows us to innovate and think differently about the energy transition.
To ensure a viable, efficient, and reliable energy future for all.
Make your contribution towards the UK achieving our net zero ambitions – Hinkley Point C (HPC) will be supplying 3,200 MWe of carbon free electricity within the next decade.
Assystem are a key multi-framework engineering partner helping to design, construct, and commission the UK’s first large-scale nuclear power station in 30 years.
You will be joining our expanding team of over 7000 delivering innovative engineering across a spectrum of digital, energy transition and Nuclear technologies such as fusion and modularisation alongside key global large-scale critical Infrastructure projects.
Supporting the delivery of nuclear power plant operating equipment to the client, from external suppliers, through the following activities:
- Create/amend technical specifications for new equipment scope, utilising expert inputs where applicable.
- Perform surveillance and approval of contractor deliverables and design activities.
- Lead contract technical and project meetings
- Resolution activities for multi-disciplinary technical issues and queries, including input to/ownership of resolving technical Open Points (OP), interface queries and Design Changes (UKDC).
- Management of technical specialists to perform review of deliverables and to resolve technical issues.
- Review and approve contract amendments and exemptions (CTSs, ERs)
- Liaise with RD and client teams to ensure integration of equipment with interfacing functions/systems/structures.
- Understanding of nuclear process and mechanical interfaces (anchorages, civil work, piping, fluids, radioprotection, safety, systems engineering)
- Good knowledge of Diesel Engines
- Capable of producing technical specifications
- Sound understanding of nuclear processing regulations
- Experience on the design of the EPR TEP/TEU systems, or other nuclear / safety classified tanks, fluid handling systems and mechanical components.
- Experience of equipment supply contracts and contract forms such as NEC/FIDIC.
We are committed to equal treatment of candidates and promote, as well as foster all forms of diversity within our company. Skills, talent and our people’s ability to dare are the only things that matter !
Other vacancies might interest you
Senior EC&I Engineer
Senior Wet Utilities Engineer
Wet Utilities Designer / Draughtsman